The Chiropractic Coalition's Legislative Day is fast approaching, and DCs, CAs, students and family members will be gathering in Washington, DC on Thursday, April 26th, with a host of key legislators on the agenda, along with an important Medicare Round Table at which senior Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) representatives will be present to answer individual doctors' questions. The 2007 event will be held at the Executive Room at the Washington Court Hotel , conveniently located on the US Senate side of Capitol Hill at 525 New Jersey Ave. NW , Washington D.C. Registration and continental breakfast open at 7:45 AM, with the day's program kicking off at 8:30 AM with a detailed briefing on the Coalition's legislative agenda and objectives. more...
The Chiropractic Coalition
The Chiropractic Coalition, founded in November 2002 by three major chiropractic organizations the International Chiropractors Association (ICA), the World Chiropractic Alliance (WCA), and the Federation of Straight Chiropractors and Organizations (FSCO) brings together diverse subluxation-based chiropractic organizations working in the best interest of the public and the profession.
Spurring the formation of the group was the widespread concern that chiropractic is in danger of being taken over by a group of medically oriented chiropractors and organizations who are trying to change the very nature of the profession, and in the process minimizing the professions unique role in health care and possibly placing the public at risk.
The Coalition has pledged to monitor and counter the activities of these groups and individuals, including the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) and the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (FCLB), which have been seen as overstepping their authority in an attempt to control the direction of the profession.
Organizations Affiliated with the Chiropractic Coalition:
- The Australian World Chiropractic Alliance
- The Chiropractic Association of Ireland
- Chiropractic Awareness Council of Ontario
- Chiropractic Fellowship of Pennsylvania
- Colorado Chiropractic Wellness Alliance
- Florida Chiropractic Society
- Israel Doctors of Chiropractic
- Michigan Chiropractic Association
- Oregon Doctors of Chiropractic
- Adak Alask Chiropractor
- Nenana Alaska Chiropractor
- Palmetto State Chiropractic Association
- The Peruvian Chiropractic Association
- Santa Clara District of the California Chiropractic Association